TERMS & CONDITIONS
Equipment Rental Policies and Procedures
Please read and become familiar with our new equipment rental Policies and Procedures.
Payment and New Account Policy
Invoices are rendered at the end of the rental period. All accounts are Net 30 days from invoice date unless otherwise noted. A charge of 1.5% may be added to invoices not paid within 30 days. Credit references are required of all new accounts. 30 day terms will only be extended after credit has been checked and approved.
Service Call Rates**
Travel rate $95.00/hr
Scheduled service tech labor $120.00/hr
Service call/fuel delivery $75.00/hr
Service call (weekends, holidays or emergency) $140.00/hr
Service truck mileage $2.40/mile
Miscellaneous hardware for parts & service 1.93%
Environmental charge for all labor totals 1.5%
All pricing FOB from equipment location (Brisbane, CA)
**Prices subject to change without notice**
All generator rental rates quoted are based on single shift operation. Double shift operation increases rates by 50%. 24-hour continuous usage (triple shift) doubles rental rate. Weekly and monthly rates are available on request. Equipment is considered “on rental” until returned to our Brisbane depot.
Shift Lengths – Sound Attenuated
Single shift: 0-12 hours
Double shift: 12-16 hours
Triple shift: 16-24 hours
Shift Lengths – Industrial
Single shift: 0-8 hours
Double shift: 8-16 hours
Triple shift: 16-24 hours
Additional Services Rate Schedule
Sales tax: California sales tax will be added for any supplies/parts purchased by Generators Unlimited on behalf of client.
Insurance: Customer shall furnish insurance coverage on all equipment rented naming Generators Unlimited as additional insured and loss payee prior to release of equipment.
Downtime: Downtime is not credited. Customer must report all failures immediately.
Fuel Delivery: Fuel delivery service for Generators Unlimited units $75.00 per hour (portal-to-portal). Diesel fuel will be charged at $5.00 per gallon. SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN PER GALLON MARKET RATES. All units delivered with full tanks.
Cleaning charge: A flat rate of $65 will be charged for return of excessively dirty equipment.
Driver Stand-by Rate: $55/hr will be charged for onsite time over our normal 30-minute courtesy period.
Generator Operator/Technician Rate: Qualified operator rate is $450.00 for a ten-hour day. Overtime rates at one and one-half time for first two hours then double time thereafter.
Lodging and per diem: Client to pay reasonable expenses, including lodging, for driver/operator/technician on all jobs requiring layover of one or more days. A per diem charge of $50.00 per day will be paid directly to the service provider for meals during the layover period.
- Maintenance Summary: All units are recorded with “last” servicing hours. Units will be serviced between rentals by Generators Unlimited, Inc. Customer is responsible for servicing engine on extended rentals.
- Filter Change: Every 125 to 250 hours.
- Fuel/Filter Water Separate (Racor) Change: Every 100 hours. May vary based on element size and contamination factor.
- Air Filter: Check daily, change as necessary
- Pump Bearing: Grease daily by Generators Unlimited only.
- Oil and Coolant: Check daily, maintain proper level and additive concentration.
- Engine Filters: To be supplied by Generators Unlimited (billed to customer).
- Fuel: All units are delivered with full fuel tanks. Customer shall return units full or be charged for cost of refueling at prevailing rate.
- Electrical: Customer is responsible for proper electrical connections to generator output terminals.
- Contracts: All equipment rentals are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Rental Contract and must be signed by an authorized representative prior to delivery of unit. Vandalism or damage to units during rental period is customer’s responsibility as covered under loss payee portion of insurance provided. Equipment is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed prior to receipt of signed contract.
- Safety: It is the customer’s responsibility to maintain the strictest safety standards. This may require posting warning notices, cordoning off operations area and/or providing security personnel if there is any reasonable expectation that unauthorized persons, children, animals or other individuals may accidentally come into contact with electrical equipment during the rental period. It is the customer’s responsibility to provide qualified and experienced personnel to operate equipment if Generators Unlimited is not asked to provide a qualified operator.
NOTICE: Sound attenuated generator sets must be serviced by a qualified service technician provided by or approved by Generators Unlimited.